Re: Has remove() always thrown an error if idx is beyond the end of list?

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 22, 2008
      On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 17:06, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      > It has everything to do with syntax.

      What you're talking about is semantics. There's a difference.

      > The documented syntax (at ":help remove()") says if {end} is before {idx} it's an error.
      (Blurb condensed to the fact that -1 is the index of last element,
      thus -1 can actually be a number less that 8 (in more than one
      sense).)

      True. But Vim could be intelligent enough to figure out the semantics
      of what I was saying (remove(list, 8, -1) being the syntax, me wanting
      a list with the first 8 elements of the list being the semantics).

      I don't wish to debate this further, Tony. You have provided nothing
      but filler to this discussion, while James Vega provided a great
      suggestion in only two sentences.