Re: hilinks and potentially other script bugs

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
      Ben Schmidt wrote:
      > [snip]
      > I don't know if there's a workaround, i.e. a way you can rewrite the plugin to
      > still work on Vim 6 minus a few features. It would be nice if there were. But in
      > lieu of that, I think scripts that use :for will need to :finish prematurely for
      > Vim < 7, as simply putting the :for in a conditional on the version doesn't work.

      Thank you, Ben!

      I've just posted a bunch of updates to my website that issue a warning
      and does a finish if an attempt is made to use one of my scripts that
      use vim's "for" loop construct.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2008
        Charles Campbell wrote:
        > Ben Schmidt wrote:
        >
        >> [snip]
        >> I don't know if there's a workaround, i.e. a way you can rewrite the plugin to
        >> still work on Vim 6 minus a few features. It would be nice if there were. But in
        >> lieu of that, I think scripts that use :for will need to :finish prematurely for
        >> Vim < 7, as simply putting the :for in a conditional on the version doesn't work.
        >>

        > Thank you, Ben!
        >
        > I've just posted a bunch of updates to my website that issue a warning
        > and does a finish if an attempt is made to use one of my scripts that
        > use vim's "for" loop construct.

        Hmm, I should add that they do that if a vim earlier than vim 7.0 is used.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell