Re: !py import weakref breaks vim

  • Greg Warner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
      I meant :py, not !py...

      thanks for the feedback.  I've confirmed that it's only breaking on one of my builds, and on another it works, so I'm sure it's just a problem with how I'm compiling it.

      Greg

      On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

      On 03/10/08 20:19, Greg wrote:
      > Can anyone confirm that typing the following breaks vim?
      >
      > !py import weakref
      >
      > Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
      > Vim: Finished.
      > Aborted
      >
      > Does anybody know what might be the source of this bug?

      Works for me, with a colon instead of an exclamation mark, in a gvim
      version compiled with +python and the corresponding python libs
      installed on the system. No output.

      Also in Console mode.

      !p just gives a beep (meaning "invalid Normal-mode sequence").

      The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  And littered with
      sloppy analysis!

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
        On 04/10/08 00:34, Greg Warner wrote:
        > I meant :py, not !py...
        >
        > thanks for the feedback. I've confirmed that it's only breaking on one
        > of my builds, and on another it works, so I'm sure it's just a problem
        > with how I'm compiling it.
        >
        > Greg

        Have you kept the make logs? Anything suspicious?

        196. Your computer costs more than your car.