!py import weakref breaks vim

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
      Can anyone confirm that typing the following breaks vim?

      !py import weakref

      Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
      Vim: Finished.
      Aborted

      Does anybody know what might be the source of this bug?

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
        On 03/10/08 20:19, Greg wrote:
        > Can anyone confirm that typing the following breaks vim?
        >
        > !py import weakref
        >
        > Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
        > Vim: Finished.
        > Aborted
        >
        > Does anybody know what might be the source of this bug?

        Works for me, with a colon instead of an exclamation mark, in a gvim
        version compiled with +python and the corresponding python libs
        installed on the system. No output.

        Also in Console mode.

        !p just gives a beep (meaning "invalid Normal-mode sequence").

        The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And littered with
        sloppy analysis!

      • Greg Warner
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
          I meant :py, not !py...

          thanks for the feedback.  I've confirmed that it's only breaking on one of my builds, and on another it works, so I'm sure it's just a problem with how I'm compiling it.

          Greg

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
            On 04/10/08 00:34, Greg Warner wrote:
            > I meant :py, not !py...
            >
            > thanks for the feedback. I've confirmed that it's only breaking on one
            > of my builds, and on another it works, so I'm sure it's just a problem
            > with how I'm compiling it.
            >
            > Greg

            Have you kept the make logs? Anything suspicious?

            196. Your computer costs more than your car.