RE: (patch) Lua interface : Borland C++ 5.5.1 test

  • Mondal, Shishir
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 9, 2008
      I have tried earlier, but could not do that: any one knows definite
      steps how to unsubscribe from the list?
      Regards
      Shishir

      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 9, 2008
        On 10/09/08 00:58, Mondal, Shishir wrote:
        > I have tried earlier, but could not do that: any one knows definite
        > steps how to unsubscribe from the list?
        > Regards
        > Shishir

        Method I: Send an email (which may be empty) from the email address with
        which you are subscribed to vim-dev-unsubscribe@... then wait for a
        reply and make sure to do what it says.

        Method II: Browse to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs

        (you may have to log in to your Google account before you get to that
        page). You'll see the Google Groups to which you are subscribed. At the
        right end of the line starting "vim_dev", you see a rolldown widget
        which says "E-mail". Turn it to "Unsubscribe" then click "Save group
        settings" at the bottom of the page.

        Note: Depending on how you subscribed, one of the above methods (I don't
        know which one) may work better for you than the other.

        Any father who thinks he's all important should remind himself that
        this country honors fathers only one day a year while pickles get a
        whole week.

      • John Beckett
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 9, 2008
          Mondal, Shishir wrote:
          > I have tried earlier, but could not do that: any one knows
          > definite steps how to unsubscribe from the list?

          Please report any problem you have when you try the following (report = reply to
          this mail):

          Click the link in the footer of the mail:

          In the vim-dev section of that page, email the "To Unsubscribe" address.

          John

        • Luis Carvalho
          Message 4 of 28 , Sep 10, 2008
            > In this patch, for Make_bc5.mak, I have found two errors:
            >
            > line 42:
            > > +INTERP_DEFINES = $(INTERP_DEFINES) -DDYNAMIC_LUA -DDYNAMIC_LUA_DLL=\"lua$(PERL_VER).dll\"
            > LUA_VER
            >
            > line 90:
            > >+ $(LUA_LIB_FLAG)perl.lib+
            > lua.lib

            Thanks for the report.

            > I have a warning, using Vim 7.2.13:
            >
            > if_lua.c:
            > Warning W8065 if_lua.c 998: Call to function 'luaV_newstate' with no
            > prototype in function lua_init

            That's weird. I haven't seen such a warning in any other compiler...

            > I had never used lua :-)
            >
            > :lua print (12 * 36)
            > works, but
            > :lua print (0 / 0)
            > or
            > :lua print (99999999 * 99999999)
            > crashes Vim

            I couldn't reproduce this behavior, but I don't have Vim compiled with BCC.

            In any case, the latest version of the patch that fixes Make_bc5.mak can be
            found at:

            http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-0.5.patch.gz
            http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-mak-0.5.patch.gz

            Cheers,
            Luis.

            -- Pablo Picasso

            --
            Luis Carvalho (Kozure)
            lua -e 'print((("lexcarvalho@..."):gsub("(%u+%.)","")))'
            Message 5 of 28 , Sep 12, 2008
              On Sep 11, 3:06 am, Luis Carvalho <lexcarva...@...> wrote:
              > > :lua print (12 * 36)
              > > works, but
              > > :lua print (0 / 0)
              > > or
              > > :lua print (99999999 * 99999999)
              > > crashes Vim
              >
              > I couldn't reproduce this behavior, but I don't have Vim compiled with BCC.

              When compiled with mingw/gcc 0/0 gives -1.#IND, which is a notation
              for NaN. (the 99999 case works for me, I just get a large floating
              point number). I suspect that bcc doesn't handle NaN and Inf properly,
              and raises a floating point exception. Whether that is untrappable, or
              could be trapped in the Lua interface code, I don't know, but it looks
              like it's a bcc-specific fix that's needed, if anything.
              (Alternatively, are there any bcc compiler flags that could be used to
              avoid floating point exceptions?

              Paul.
            • Paul Moore
              Message 6 of 28 , Sep 15, 2008
                On Sep 11, 3:06 am, Luis Carvalho <lexcarva...@...> wrote:
                > In any case, the latest version of the patch that fixes Make_bc5.mak can be
                > found at:
                >
                > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-0...http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-m...

                Is this likely to be included in standard Vim at any point? At the
                moment, I'm manually patching it into my regular build process, and I
                want to catch the point when the patch fails because it's been made
                official :-)

                Paul.
                Message 7 of 28 , Sep 16, 2008
                  Paul Moore wrote:

                  > On Sep 11, 3:06 am, Luis Carvalho <lexcarva...@...> wrote:
                  > > In any case, the latest version of the patch that fixes Make_bc5.mak can be
                  > > found at:
                  > >
                  > > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-0...http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-m...
                  >
                  > Is this likely to be included in standard Vim at any point? At the
                  > moment, I'm manually patching it into my regular build process, and I
                  > want to catch the point when the patch fails because it's been made
                  > official :-)

                  Do you mean the Lua interface or the updated Makefile?

                  The Lua interface is somewhere in the "new features" list. There are
                  too many bugs to fix at the moment, so I'm not eager to add more code
                  (with potential bugs).

                  --
                  Q: Should I clean my house or work on Vim?
                  A: Whatever contains more bugs.

                • Paul Moore
                  Message 8 of 28 , Sep 16, 2008
                    2008/9/16 Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>:

                    > Paul Moore wrote:
                    >
                    >> On Sep 11, 3:06 am, Luis Carvalho <lexcarva...@...> wrote:
                    >> > In any case, the latest version of the patch that fixes Make_bc5.mak can be
                    >> > found at:
                    >> >
                    >> > http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-0...http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-m...
                    >>
                    >> Is this likely to be included in standard Vim at any point? At the
                    >> moment, I'm manually patching it into my regular build process, and I
                    >> want to catch the point when the patch fails because it's been made
                    >> official :-)
                    >
                    > Do you mean the Lua interface or the updated Makefile?
                    >
                    > The Lua interface is somewhere in the "new features" list. There are
                    > too many bugs to fix at the moment, so I'm not eager to add more code
                    > (with potential bugs).

                    Sorry, I meant the Lua interface.

                    "Not just yet" is fair enough. As I say, I'm manually applying the
                    patch myself at the moment. If I hit any issues, I'll carry on
                    reporting them here, and hopefully once things settle down a bit, the
                    patch will be reasonably well tested and suitable for inclusion then.

                    Paul.

                  • char101
                    Message 9 of 28 , Sep 16, 2008
                      On Sep 1, 12:13 pm, Luis Carvalho <lexcarva...@...> wrote:
                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I'm attaching a patch that provides a complete Lua [1] interface to Vim in
                      > case anyone finds it useful. The patch is against vim-7.2. Any feedback is
                      > welcome, of course. Disclaimer: this is my first post to the list and this is
                      > my first patch to Vim! :)

                      Hi,

                      vim72-lua-0.5.patch is missing a patch for globals.h

                      line 1397:
                      #if defined(DYNAMIC_PERL) || defined(DYNAMIC_PYTHON) ||
                      defined(DYNAMIC_RUBY) \
                      || defined(DYNAMIC_TCL) || defined(DYNAMIC_ICONV) \
                      || defined(DYNAMIC_GETTEXT) || defined(DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME)
                      EXTERN char_u e_loadlib[] INIT(= N_("E370: Could not load library
                      %s"));
                      EXTERN char_u e_loadfunc[] INIT(= N_("E448: Could not load library
                      function %s"));
                      #endif

                      ---
                      Charles
                    • Luis Carvalho
                      Message 10 of 28 , Sep 17, 2008
                        > vim72-lua-0.5.patch is missing a patch for globals.h

                        Nice catch. The updated patch can be found at the usual place:

                        http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/attachment/wiki/vim/vim72-lua-0.6.patch.gz

                        Cheers,
                        Luis.

                        -- Pablo Picasso