gzip.vim: Correct gzip invocation in case we're editing a filename that starts with a dash (patch)

  • Jan Minář
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
      Hi.

      The updated gzip.vim looks all-right; just one rather subtle thing:
      In case we're editing a file with a file name that starts with a dash,
      the invocation of the compress program should use a double-dash to
      signal the end of optional arguments.

      Patch is attached.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
        Jan Minar wrote:

        > The updated gzip.vim looks all-right; just one rather subtle thing:
        > In case we're editing a file with a file name that starts with a dash,
        > the invocation of the compress program should use a double-dash to
        > signal the end of optional arguments.
        >
        > Patch is attached.

        Thanks. It looks like the last system() call also needs the " -- ".

        I wonder if there is any gzip/gunzip command that doesn't accept the --
        argument. It's actually undocumented in the FreeBSD version, but it
        does work.

        --
        If you feel lonely, try schizophrenia.