Re: Patch 7.2a.001

  • Christian MICHON
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2008
      On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:39 PM, James Vega <jamessan@...> wrote:
      >> One feedback: we should try to keep the patch numbers from Bram in the
      >> shortlog, shouldn't we ?
      >
      > *shrug* I went back and forth on that and ended up leaving it as is
      > since that's the way I started.

      I managed to find a neat way to do this.

      >> My commit's dates are based on the ftp server: I guess a cleaner
      >> approach should be to scan the mailing list archives or copy the dates
      >> from cvs.
      >
      > I had thought about making git record the date as when the patch was
      > released but since that information isn't in the patch itself, gave up
      > on it.

      good hint. actually, it's inside each patch itself (just need to look
      for the date of version.c updates).

      >> I'm consolidating the repo then I'll find a web server to host it.
      >> Thanks for the git address.
      >
      > Cool. I'm sure people will find a repo meant purely for replication
      > instead of my specific needs more useful.

      well, I know the pristine tar habits you have... I want to focus on
      vim+extra+all patches only.
      It's progressing well. Just cpu time mostly...

      --
      Christian