Re: where can I find tar.gz of all vim-dev messages ?

  • Christian MICHON
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1 3:46 AM
      On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Richard Hartmann
      <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:
      > wget comes to mind. I am sure you will find a script to do what you
      > want. Wanting web archives in a sane format is not too uncommon,
      > after all.

      thanks for suggesting it. as I mentioned, it would have been the last resort.

      fortunately, our dear Bram updates version.c for each patch, so
      extracting the date for each change of version.c is good enough for a
      representative commit date. I'm almost done thanks to this trick.

      ;-)

      --
      Christian

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1 12:34 PM
        Christian Michon wrote:

        > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Tony Mechelynck
        > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
        > > See http://vim.sourceforge.net/maillist.php#vim-dev under "Archive". I
        > > don't know under what format the archives are held.
        > >

        > web based format, close to useless unless I write a clever awk script
        > after I individually download each page individually.
        >
        > might be the case, since both yahoo groups and google groups do not
        > allow such downloads.

        Doesn't Google have a gdata interface for groups?

        > Bram,
        >
        > is there any earlier post than year 2000 ? I seem unable to find
        > earlier than this date...

        Very probably, but Yahoo decided to delete old messages to save space
        :-(.

        136. You decide to stay in a low-paying job teaching just for the
        free Internet access.