Re: where can I find tar.gz of all vim-dev messages ?

  • Richard Hartmann
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
      On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 23:17, Christian MICHON
      <christian.michon@...> wrote:

      > web based format, close to useless unless I write a clever awk script
      > after I individually download each page individually.

      wget comes to mind. I am sure you will find a script to do what you
      want. Wanting web archives in a sane format is not too uncommon,
      after all.

      Richard

    • Christian MICHON
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
        On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Richard Hartmann
        <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:
        > wget comes to mind. I am sure you will find a script to do what you
        > want. Wanting web archives in a sane format is not too uncommon,
        > after all.

        thanks for suggesting it. as I mentioned, it would have been the last resort.

        fortunately, our dear Bram updates version.c for each patch, so
        extracting the date for each change of version.c is good enough for a
        representative commit date. I'm almost done thanks to this trick.

        ;-)

        --
        Christian

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
          Christian Michon wrote:

          > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Tony Mechelynck
          > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
          > > See http://vim.sourceforge.net/maillist.php#vim-dev under "Archive". I
          > > don't know under what format the archives are held.
          > >

          > web based format, close to useless unless I write a clever awk script
          > after I individually download each page individually.
          >
          > might be the case, since both yahoo groups and google groups do not
          > allow such downloads.

          Doesn't Google have a gdata interface for groups?

          > Bram,
          >
          > is there any earlier post than year 2000 ? I seem unable to find
          > earlier than this date...

          Very probably, but Yahoo decided to delete old messages to save space
          :-(.

          136. You decide to stay in a low-paying job teaching just for the
          free Internet access.