Re: where can I find tar.gz of all vim-dev messages ?

  • Christian MICHON
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 30, 2008
      On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:14 AM, Tony Mechelynck
      <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      > He said "all vim-dev messages" so I assumed he wanted _all_ the
      > back-and-forth talk on the vim-dev group, not just the patches, which
      > can still be found on the FTP server since 5.7.

      this is what I meant indeed... all of them.

      --
      Christian
      --

    • Richard Hartmann
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
        On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 23:17, Christian MICHON
        <christian.michon@...> wrote:

        > web based format, close to useless unless I write a clever awk script
        > after I individually download each page individually.

        wget comes to mind. I am sure you will find a script to do what you
        want. Wanting web archives in a sane format is not too uncommon,
        after all.

        Richard

      • Christian MICHON
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
          On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Richard Hartmann
          <richih.mailinglist@...> wrote:
          > wget comes to mind. I am sure you will find a script to do what you
          > want. Wanting web archives in a sane format is not too uncommon,
          > after all.

          thanks for suggesting it. as I mentioned, it would have been the last resort.

          fortunately, our dear Bram updates version.c for each patch, so
          extracting the date for each change of version.c is good enough for a
          representative commit date. I'm almost done thanks to this trick.

          ;-)

          --
          Christian

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
            Christian Michon wrote:

            > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Tony Mechelynck
            > <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
            > > See http://vim.sourceforge.net/maillist.php#vim-dev under "Archive". I
            > > don't know under what format the archives are held.
            > >

            > web based format, close to useless unless I write a clever awk script
            > after I individually download each page individually.
            >
            > might be the case, since both yahoo groups and google groups do not
            > allow such downloads.

            Doesn't Google have a gdata interface for groups?

            > Bram,
            >
            > is there any earlier post than year 2000 ? I seem unable to find
            > earlier than this date...

            Very probably, but Yahoo decided to delete old messages to save space
            :-(.

            136. You decide to stay in a low-paying job teaching just for the
            free Internet access.