udevrules filetype detection

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2008
      On my system, udev rules files are detected as filetype=hog rather than
      filetype=udevrules. I suggest the following patch:

      *** ../vim71/runtime/filetype.vim Wed Jun 4 13:50:01 2008
      --- runtime/filetype.vim Thu Jun 5 05:06:49 2008
      ***************
      *** 1783,1788 ****
      --- 1783,1791 ----
      " SNMP MIB files
      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.mib,*.my setf mib

      + " Udev rules (must be before Snort *.rules)
      + au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/udev/rules.d/*.rules setf udevrules
      +
      " Snort Configuration
      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.hog,snort.conf,vision.conf setf hog
      au BufNewFile,BufRead *.rules call s:FTRules()
      ***************
      *** 2009,2017 ****
      " Udev conf
      au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/udev/udev.conf setf udevconf

      - " Udev rules
      - au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/udev/rules.d/*.rules setf udevrules
      -
      " Udev permissions
      au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/udev/permissions.d/*.permissions setf udevperm
      "
      --- 2012,2017 ----

      Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.