Re: Patch 7.1.306

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
      On 04/06/08 10:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Patch 7.1.306
      > Problem: Some Unicode characters are handled like word characters while
      > they are symbols.
      > Solution: Adjust the table for Unicode classification.
      > Files: src/mbyte.c

      After applying patches 7.1.306 to 7.1.308 (of which I haven't yet
      received the latter two by email)

      if_python.c: In function ‘VimToPython’:
      if_python.c:1157: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but
      argument 3 has type ‘long int’

      also, one of 37 hunks of 7.1.307 failed to patch in the "floating point"
      version but on eyeball inspection it was already included, though with
      an additional comment in the middle (hunk #10 at 1130, bracketed between
      #ifdef FEAT_FLOAT and #endif). Bram, don't you think that floating point
      feature could now be made a part of the "standard" sources? Of course,
      if anyone gets cold feet, it can still be disabled at compile-time by
      commenting away line 384 of feature.h (to /* #define FEAT_FLOAT */ or
      similar)

      ... so long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those
      who wish to tyrranize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent,
      and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious
      and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.
      -- Voltarine de Cleyre

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > On 04/06/08 10:59, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > >
        > > Patch 7.1.306
        > > Problem: Some Unicode characters are handled like word characters while
        > > they are symbols.
        > > Solution: Adjust the table for Unicode classification.
        > > Files: src/mbyte.c
        >
        > After applying patches 7.1.306 to 7.1.308 (of which I haven't yet
        > received the latter two by email)
        >
        > if_python.c: In function 'VimToPython':
        > if_python.c:1157: warning: format '%f' expects type 'double', but
        > argument 3 has type 'long int'

        Are you sure you patched OK? I see:

        sprintf(buf, "%f", our_tv->vval.v_float);

        That is clearly a double argument.

        > also, one of 37 hunks of 7.1.307 failed to patch in the "floating point"
        > version but on eyeball inspection it was already included, though with
        > an additional comment in the middle (hunk #10 at 1130, bracketed between
        > #ifdef FEAT_FLOAT and #endif). Bram, don't you think that floating point
        > feature could now be made a part of the "standard" sources? Of course,
        > if anyone gets cold feet, it can still be disabled at compile-time by
        > commenting away line 384 of feature.h (to /* #define FEAT_FLOAT */ or
        > similar)

        The FEAT_FLOAT parts in if_python shouldn't hurt, since FEAT_FLOAT isn't
        yet defined anywhere. Unless you are using the experimental floating
        point patch, but then it should work (if you avoid patching the same
        thing twice).

        I still have a few fixes in the pipeline for the floating point patch.

        --
        Imagine a world without hypothetical situations.

      • Bill McCarthy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2008
          On Wed 4-Jun-08 3:59am -0600, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Patch 7.1.306

          I also found 307-311 on the ftp site. After deleting from
          the patches those portions applicable to runtime files (such
          as optwin.vim), they built fine.

          I then turned to floating point (which I last updated at
          305). Only if_python.c and version.c needed to be updated
          (or so I thought).

          After the patch to if_python.c failed completely, version.c
          patched fine.

          On further inspection I see that the standard if_python.c is
          already patched for floating point. So I just copied it and
          my floating point versions of vim and gvim are at 311.

          Since eval.c didn't change, I didn't need to apply John
          Beckett's fp patch - will that be included?

          I didn't have any of Tony's problems. I agree that it would
          be great to have fp in the main distribution.

          Bill