shell syntax - single quotation wrong ?

  • Vladimir Marek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hi,

      I noticed that script

      sed -e '\' -e '\' -e '\'

      is displayed wrong. The syntax seems to think that you can escape the
      single quote by backslash. This does not seem to be the case (I checked
      with man pages of sh, bash and ksh). For csh I don't see it documented
      clearly, but simple experiment shows that it behaves as other shells.

      I'm using

      :version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.1 (2007 May 12, compiled May 31 2008 03:10:54)
      Included patches: 1-305

      :!head $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/sh.vim | grep Version
      " Version: 90

      I tried to hack'n'slash the syntax file, and I came to the attached
      patch. But I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, so
      it's most probably wrong :)

      Thank you

      --
      Vlad