Re: RFE: Prevent maps from being overwritten with :map

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 14 , May 28 5:34 PM
      On 28/05/08 17:46, Antony Scriven wrote:
      > 2008/5/28 Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechelynck@...>:
      >
      > > [...]
      > >
      > > You could even use
      > >
      > > : au VimEnter * au FileType * map<buffer> {lhs} {rhs}
      >
      > Thanks. I think I'll have to resort to this, but with a longer
      > list of autocommands: I don't appear to be garnering much
      > support! I still think it's a nasty hack though. --Antony

      If there are several you can define them in a function; if there are
      many you can put them in a separate script; then you can call that
      function or source that script from the VimEnter autocommand.

      Or, to make it "less of a nasty hack", put your mappings in a script and
      place that script in ~/.vim/after/plugin/ (on Unix) or in
      ~/vimfiles/after/plugin/ (on Windows) (creating the directories if they
      don't yet exist): as an after-plugin you can be sure that it will be
      sourced _after_ all "standard" plugins from $VIMRUNTIME/plugin/. In
      addition (at least on Unix) you can give that script a name starting in
      zz (such as zzzzmaps.vim) so that it will even be sourced after the
      other after-plugins.

      Command, n.:
      Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in
      such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.