Re: [Patch] Fix Count_words()

    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2008
      Ag. D Hatzimanikas wrote:

      > Please issue,
      >
      > :helpgrep Wordcount
      >

      > let count = count + Wordcount(getline(n))
      >
      > The Wordcount function does not exists.
      >

      > Again from the same function, the "count" variable is a read only, so it
      > has to be preceded with an "l:". Funny thing is that the "count" var is
      > being mentioned for this same reason in,
      >
      > :h l:var
      >
      > The attached patch fixes both issues.
      > The implementation however to replace the Wordcount function its up to
      > you to decide. From my tests returns the same number of words with
      > g <CTRL-G>.

      I think this is a slightly better solution:

      :function Count_words() range
      : let lnum = a:firstline
      : let n = 0
      : while lnum <= a:lastline
      : let n = n + len(split(getline(lnum)))
      : let lnum = lnum + 1
      : endwhile
      : echo "found " . n . " words"
      :endfunction

      It counts white space separated words, but that shouldn't matter in this
      context.

      > And since we are talking about documentation another minor thing in,
      >
      > :h libcall()
      >
      > the last example refers to the next function libcallnr().

      I'll move it to there.

      --
      Trees moving back and forth is what makes the wind blow.