Re: Is this #define highlighted right?

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008
      On 02/05/08 00:01, Dasn wrote:

      >>> It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
      >>> as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
      >>> (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
      >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
      >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
      >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
      >> And it is all correct for me.
      >>

      > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
      > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
      > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
      > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

      Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
      to the other line and /that/ will become grey.

      "I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
      (your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
      -- English Professor, Providence College

    • Dasn
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

        > >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
        > >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
        > >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
        > >> And it is all correct for me.
        > >>

        > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
        > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
        > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
        > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
        > >

        > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
        > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Tony.

        Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
        Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

        --
        Dasn

      • Dasn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          On 02/05/08 07:49 +0800, Dasn wrote:
          > On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

          > > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
          > > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
          > > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
          > > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
          > > >

          > > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
          > > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > > Tony.
          >
          > Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
          > Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

          I almost forget I have kept some function highlighting stuff in
          ~/.vim/after/syntax/c.vim. Sorry for the noise, it's my fault.
          --
          Dasn