Re: Is this #define highlighted right?

  • Dasn
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008
      On 01/05/08 20:42 +1000, Ben Schmidt wrote:
      > >> $ cat test.c
      > >> #define MAX 12
      > >> #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
      > >>
      > >> $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
      > >>
      > >> Please note the PIPE_SIZE.
      > >
      > > It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
      > > as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
      > > (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
      >
      > The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
      > Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
      > it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
      > And it is all correct for me.

      I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
      colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
      terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
      highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

      --
      Dasn

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        On 02/05/08 00:01, Dasn wrote:

        >>> It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
        >>> as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
        >>> (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
        >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
        >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
        >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
        >> And it is all correct for me.
        >>

        > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
        > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
        > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
        > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

        Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
        to the other line and /that/ will become grey.

        "I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
        (your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
        -- English Professor, Providence College

      • Dasn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

          > >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
          > >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
          > >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
          > >> And it is all correct for me.
          > >>

          > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
          > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
          > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
          > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
          > >

          > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
          > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Tony.

          Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
          Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

          --
          Dasn

        • Dasn
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008
            On 02/05/08 07:49 +0800, Dasn wrote:
            > On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
            > > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
            > > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
            > > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
            > > >

            > > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
            > > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
            > >
            > > Best regards,
            > > Tony.
            >
            > Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
            > Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

            I almost forget I have kept some function highlighting stuff in
            ~/.vim/after/syntax/c.vim. Sorry for the noise, it's my fault.
            --
            Dasn