Re: Is this #define highlighted right?

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008
      Dominique Pelle wrote:
      > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Dasn <dasn@...> wrote:
      >
      >> $ cat test.c
      >> #define MAX 12
      >> #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
      >>
      >> $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
      >>
      >> Please note the PIPE_SIZE.
      >
      > It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
      > as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
      > (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.

      The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant. Mine were
      updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And it seems to be Vim
      7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console. And it is all correct for me.

      Smiles,

      Ben.

    • Dasn
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        On 01/05/08 20:42 +1000, Ben Schmidt wrote:
        > >> $ cat test.c
        > >> #define MAX 12
        > >> #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
        > >>
        > >> $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
        > >>
        > >> Please note the PIPE_SIZE.
        > >
        > > It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
        > > as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
        > > (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
        >
        > The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
        > Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
        > it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
        > And it is all correct for me.

        I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
        colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
        terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
        highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

        --
        Dasn

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          On 02/05/08 00:01, Dasn wrote:

          >>> It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
          >>> as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
          >>> (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
          >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
          >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
          >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
          >> And it is all correct for me.
          >>

          > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
          > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
          > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
          > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

          Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
          to the other line and /that/ will become grey.

          "I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
          (your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
          -- English Professor, Providence College

        • Dasn
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008
            On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
            > >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
            > >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
            > >> And it is all correct for me.
            > >>

            > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
            > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
            > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
            > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
            > >

            > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
            > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Tony.

            Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
            Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

            --
            Dasn

          • Dasn
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2008
              On 02/05/08 07:49 +0800, Dasn wrote:
              > On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

              > > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
              > > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
              > > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
              > > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
              > > >

              > > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
              > > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
              > >
              > > Best regards,
              > > Tony.
              >
              > Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
              > Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

              I almost forget I have kept some function highlighting stuff in
              ~/.vim/after/syntax/c.vim. Sorry for the noise, it's my fault.
              --
              Dasn