Re: Is this #define highlighted right?

  • Dominique Pelle
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2008
      On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Dasn <dasn@...> wrote:

      > $ cat test.c
      > #define MAX 12
      > #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
      >
      > $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
      >
      > Please note the PIPE_SIZE.

      It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
      as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
      (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.

      By the way, you may want to put this in your ~/.vimrc in order
      to see the highlight group under the cursor:

      " top #99: How to tell what syntax highlighting group *that* is
      " see: http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=99
      map <F10> :echo "hi<"
      \ . synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),1),"name") . '> trans<'
      \ . synIDattr(synID(line("."),col("."),0),"name") . "> lo<"
      \ . synIDattr(synIDtrans(synID(line("."),col("."),1)),"name")
      \ . ">"<CR>

      When the cursor is on MAX or PIPE_SIZE, pressing F10 shows:

      hi<cDefine> trans<cDefine> lo<PreProcPreProc>

      -- Dominique

    • Ben Schmidt
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008
        Dominique Pelle wrote:
        > On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Dasn <dasn@...> wrote:
        >
        >> $ cat test.c
        >> #define MAX 12
        >> #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
        >>
        >> $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
        >>
        >> Please note the PIPE_SIZE.
        >
        > It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
        > as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
        > (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.

        The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant. Mine were
        updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And it seems to be Vim
        7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console. And it is all correct for me.

        Smiles,

        Ben.

      • Dasn
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          On 01/05/08 20:42 +1000, Ben Schmidt wrote:
          > >> $ cat test.c
          > >> #define MAX 12
          > >> #define PIPE_SIZE (12)
          > >>
          > >> $ vim -Nu NONE "+syn on" test.c
          > >>
          > >> Please note the PIPE_SIZE.
          > >
          > > It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
          > > as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
          > > (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
          >
          > The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
          > Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
          > it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
          > And it is all correct for me.

          I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
          colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
          terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
          highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

          --
          Dasn

        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008
            On 02/05/08 00:01, Dasn wrote:

            >>> It works fine for me. Both MAX and PIPE_SIZE are highlighted
            >>> as macros (cDefine highlight group). I'm using vim-7.1.293
            >>> (huge) on Linux x86 in a gnome terminal.
            >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
            >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
            >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
            >> And it is all correct for me.
            >>

            > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
            > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
            > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
            > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.

            Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
            to the other line and /that/ will become grey.

            "I'm returning this note to you, instead of your paper, because it
            (your paper) presently occupies the bottom of my bird cage."
            -- English Professor, Providence College

          • Dasn
            Message 5 of 9 , May 1, 2008
              On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

              > >> The time you last updated your runtime files may also be significant.
              > >> Mine were updated from the FTP server about a month ago, I think. And
              > >> it seems to be Vim 7.1.285 that I'm currently running in the console.
              > >> And it is all correct for me.
              > >>

              > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
              > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
              > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
              > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
              > >

              > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
              > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Tony.

              Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
              Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

              --
              Dasn

            • Dasn
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2008
                On 02/05/08 07:49 +0800, Dasn wrote:
                > On 02/05/08 01:10 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                > > > I'm afraid that my expression was not that clear. Actually I mean the
                > > > colors of 'MAX' and 'PIPE_SIZE' are different. For example, in my
                > > > terminal, the color of MAX is Dark Magenta while the PIPE_SIZE is
                > > > highlighted as grey. I'm using the 7.1-293 with current runtime files.
                > > >

                > > Have you set 'cursorline'? If yes, then it's normal -- move the cursor
                > > to the other line and /that/ will become grey.
                > >
                > > Best regards,
                > > Tony.
                >
                > Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.
                > Please check the picture I attached this time. :)

                I almost forget I have kept some function highlighting stuff in
                ~/.vim/after/syntax/c.vim. Sorry for the noise, it's my fault.
                --
                Dasn