How to create Binary packages.

  • Gnanasekaran-A C
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2008

      Hello
      I would like to know, how to create binary packages (.exe files) from compiled source packages for  vim application in netBSD.

      Thanks & Regards,
      Gnanasekaran.C

      --

      Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.db.com/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

      Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2008
        On 28/04/08 11:52, Gnanasekaran-A C wrote:

        > Hello
        > I would like to know, how to create binary packages (.exe files) from
        > compiled source packages for vim application in netBSD.
        >
        > Thanks & Regards,
        > Gnanasekaran.C

        How to create binary packages depends on the system on which you want
        them to run, much more than on which software you want to include in
        them, so you might get a better answer by asking on a netBSD group
        rather than on a Vim group.

        However, AFAIK *.exe files are for Dos/Windows only, they won't run on
        BSD vhich is a Unix-like system.

        [Another hideous roar.]
        BEDEVERE: That's it!
        ARTHUR: What?
        BEDEVERE: It's The Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
        PICTURES LTD

      • gnani
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29, 2008
          Actually when I download vim prebuilt binary packages…it gives the
          following files
          For Ex: VIM
          total 32
          1. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 8 Jan 5 2007
          +SIZE_PKG
          2. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 9 Jan 5 2007
          +SIZE_ALL
          3. -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin wheel 4932 Jan 5 2007
          +INSTALL*
          4. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 502 Jan 5 2007 +DESC
          5. -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin wheel 4121 Jan 5 2007
          +DEINSTALL*
          6. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 34 Jan 5 2007
          +COMMENT
          7. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 705 Jan 5 2007
          +BUILD_VERSION
          8. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 823 Jan 5 2007
          +BUILD_INFO
          9. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 80 Aug 1 2007
          +ALTERNATIVES
          10. -rw-r--r-- 1 admin wheel 673 Aug 1 2007 +CONTENTS
          From the above dirs,I could create a package using the following…….
          pkg_create -f +CONTENTS -c +COMMENT -d +DESC -b +BUILD_VERSION -B
          +BUILD_INFO -f +INSTALL vim-7.0.178.tgz
          But from the compiled source code, I don’t know how to create package.
          Can you help me
          Regards
          Gnani

          On Apr 28, 4:37 pm, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
          wrote:
          > On 28/04/08 11:52, Gnanasekaran-A C wrote:
          >

          > > Hello
          > > I would like to know, how to create binary packages (.exe files) from
          > > compiled source packages for vim application in netBSD.
          >
          > > Thanks & Regards,
          > > Gnanasekaran.C
          >
          > How to create binary packages depends on the system on which you want
          > them to run, much more than on which software you want to include in
          > them, so you might get a better answer by asking on a netBSD group
          > rather than on a Vim group.
          >
          > However, AFAIK *.exe files are for Dos/Windows only, they won't run on
          > BSD vhich is a Unix-like system.
          >
          > Best regards,
          > Tony.
          > --
          >     [Another hideous roar.]
          > BEDEVERE: That's it!
          > ARTHUR:   What?
          > BEDEVERE: It's The Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh!
          >                   "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
          > PICTURES LTD
        • François Ingelrest
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29, 2008
            On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:18 AM, gnani <cgsekaran@...> wrote:
            > But from the compiled source code, I don't know how to create package.
            > Can you help me

            As Tony said, it's related to how to package something for netBSD, not
            to Vim specifically.