Re: Small Parenthesis Marker bug in gVim v7.1 for Windows

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2008
      Tim Duncan wrote:

      > > > I found a small bug with gVim v7.1 on Windows XP.
      > > >
      > > > When I have the cursor on a parenthesis so it and it's mate are
      > > > highlighted and then do a Find & Replace where the Replace is a
      > > > different length than the Find I have noticed that the text moves but
      > > > the highlights stay in the same place and are no longer on the
      > > > parenthesis.
      > > >
      > > > I have print screens in a PDF posted here:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.duncan.cx/gVim/gVim_bug.pdf
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your consideration and I truly enjoy using Vim.
      > >
      > > The highlighting is removed when you close the dialog, right?
      > >
      > > I'll put this in the todo list.
      > >
      > > --
      >
      > Brian,
      >
      > Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
      >
      > No, the highlights stay on even after the Find & Replace dialog box is
      > closed.
      > Like I said, a small bug, but for some reason I see it often.

      Please give this patch a try:

      *** ../vim-7.1.285/src/gui.c Wed Feb 6 17:33:19 2008
      --- src/gui.c Sat Mar 29 15:58:06 2008
      ***************
      *** 5042,5047 ****
      --- 5054,5060 ----
      /* A button was pressed, thus undo should be synced. */
      u_sync(FALSE);
      do_cmdline_cmd(ga.ga_data);
      + stuffcharReadbuff(K_IGNORE);
      }
      else
      {

      183. You move your coffeemaker next to your computer.