Scrollbar is slow

  • Fredrik Gustafsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2008
      Hi,
      thank you for a wonderful program. I've user vim for a couple of years
      and now signed up this list for hopefully make som contributions some
      time.

      I tested a few text editors with a large file (125 MB large, 1247302
      lines). A lot of editors become slow or did not just work at all
      (tested gedit, lpe, emacs, scite). Vim however works perfectly and is
      very fast.

      The textversion is faster than the gtkversion. A bit strange? What
      really disturbs me though is that the scrollbar in gtk is useless with
      this big file. It is too slow. Scrolling through the file is horrible
      slow using the scrollbar, but is very fast and perfect using ctrl+f och
      j or similar. Why is this? Can this performance be improved?
      --
      Med vänliga hälsningar
      Fredrik Gustafsson