Re: Incorrect example for #!

  • Matt Wozniski
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2008
      On Jan 24, 2008 3:26 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > My "env" command supports the -S argument. So this works:
      >
      > #!/usr/bin/env -S vim -S
      > echo "this is a Vim script"
      > quit
      >
      > How about other systems? The man page for "env" suggests that it's a
      > FreeBSD specific extension and added recently.

      Definitely not available on linux as of coreutils 5.97. Perhaps you
      don't want to be so intrusive, but since the only really reliable way
      to go is only passing one argument, you could always add another link
      to vim (like evim, rvim, etc) that sources its arguments. Then,
      "#!/usr/bin/env vimsource" (or whatever..) would work.

      ~Matt