Window flashing on Linux with multiple tabs opened

  • Fran├žois Ingelrest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2008
      Hi all,

      I hope it's the right place to post that.

      I've been using gvim on Linux for quite some time now, and I've
      recently noticed that the window flashes every time it gets the focus,
      I can see the whole refreshing process. It actually flashes also just
      by clicking on the title bar. At first I thought it was caused by the
      window manager (Compiz, on Ubuntu 7.10) but I've found that this
      happens only when there are multiple tabs opened. When there is no
      tab, the window does flash.

      Could this be a problem in gvim? Or is it really caused by the wm
      (although gvim is the only application that does that)? I've started
      using tabs very recently, so I cannot say if this problem has always
      been there since v7 or if this is something newer. It's actually not
      that bad, it's just annoying.

      Thanks.