Re: Patch 7.1.160

  • Nico Weber
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
      > Patch 7.1.160
      > Problem: When a focus autocommand is defined, getting or losing
      > focus
      > causes the hit-enter prompt to be redrawn. (Bjorn Winckler)
      > Solution: Overwrite the last line.

      If you do `:intro` and lose or gain focus, the problem still happens.

      Nico

    • Tony Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
        Nico Weber wrote:
        >> Patch 7.1.160
        >> Problem: When a focus autocommand is defined, getting or losing
        >> focus
        >> causes the hit-enter prompt to be redrawn. (Bjorn Winckler)
        >> Solution: Overwrite the last line.
        >
        > If you do `:intro` and lose or gain focus, the problem still happens.
        >
        > Nico

        not for me, on gvim 7.1.162 for GTK2/Gnome2: I see a single hit-Enter line as
        soon as I use ":intro" and I never see a second one, even after losing and
        regaining focus. (I could see it in versions earlier than 7.1.160.)

        Let's just say that where a change was required, I adjusted. In every
        relationship that exists, people have to seek a way to survive. If you
        really care about the person, you do what's necessary, or that's the
        end. For the first time, I found that I really could change, and the
        qualities I most admired in myself I gave up. I stopped being loud and
        bossy ... Oh, all right. I was still loud and bossy, but only behind
        his back."
        -- Kate Hepburn, on Tracy and Hepburn

      • Nico Weber
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
          > not for me, on gvim 7.1.162 for GTK2/Gnome2: I see a single hit-
          > Enter line as
          > soon as I use ":intro" and I never see a second one, even after
          > losing and
          > regaining focus. (I could see it in versions earlier than 7.1.160.)

          Is your window large enough so that the "hit enter" prompt is not in
          the last line (i have 'lines=50')? Do you have Focus* autocommands set?

          Nico

        • Tony Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
            Nico Weber wrote:
            >> not for me, on gvim 7.1.162 for GTK2/Gnome2: I see a single hit-
            >> Enter line as
            >> soon as I use ":intro" and I never see a second one, even after
            >> losing and
            >> regaining focus. (I could see it in versions earlier than 7.1.160.)
            >
            > Is your window large enough so that the "hit enter" prompt is not in
            > the last line (i have 'lines=50')?

            yes: with my usual 'guifont' and a maximized gvim display, I have lines=48
            columns=142

            > Do you have Focus* autocommands set?

            no; but even without them, I used to see duplicate hit-Enter lines sometimes
            when regaining focus. Now I don't. Maybe only part of the problem got solved
            by the patch?

            > Nico

            Death is life's way of telling you you've been fired.
            -- R. Geis

          • Dasn
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
              On 26/11/07 22:19 +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

              >no; but even without them, I used to see duplicate hit-Enter lines sometimes
              >when regaining focus. Now I don't. Maybe only part of the problem got solved
              >by the patch?
              >

              >> Nico
              >
              >Best regards,
              >Tony.

              I can reproduce it with:
              $ vim -u NONE -N -c intro
              Then press kjkjkj...

              (VIM 7.1.162. Huge version without GUI. OpenBSD 4.1)
              --
              Dasn

            • Tony Mechelynck
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 26, 2007
                Dasn wrote:
                > On 26/11/07 22:19 +0100, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                >> no; but even without them, I used to see duplicate hit-Enter lines sometimes
                >> when regaining focus. Now I don't. Maybe only part of the problem got solved
                >> by the patch?
                >>
                >>> Nico
                >> Best regards,
                >> Tony.
                >
                > I can reproduce it with:
                > $ vim -u NONE -N -c intro
                > Then press kjkjkj...
                >
                > (VIM 7.1.162. Huge version without GUI. OpenBSD 4.1)

                With my vim 7.1.162, huge version with GTK2/Gnome GUI, both run as above (in
                console mode) and as gvim rather than vim (in GUI mode), k gives --More-- at
                the bottom and j adds a new hit-Enter line just under the preceding one (below
                the "splash screen" display) every time. But I suppose this is a slightly
                different problem, since there's no gain or loss of focus.

                141. You'd rather go to http://www.weather.com/ than look out your window.