Re-assigning detectindent plugin

  • Vladimir Marek
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi,

      I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
      unreachable

      Can you re-assingn the plugin to me (theNeuron) so that I can continue
      to work on it? Of course I'll be happy to return it to original
      maintainer if he asks for it.

      Thanks

      --
      Vlad
    • Nikolai Weibull
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
        On 10/31/07, Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek@...> wrote:

        > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
        > unreachable

        > Can you re-assingn the plugin to me (theNeuron) so that I can continue
        > to work on it? Of course I'll be happy to return it to original
        > maintainer if he asks for it.

        Wrong forum. Also, you can't simply take over a script. You'll have
        to abide by the licensing terms, which seem to be the same as those
        used by Vim. Create a new project on vim.org and update that instead.

      • Vladimir Marek
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
          > > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
          > > unreachable
          > >
          > > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1171
          > >
          > > Can you re-assingn the plugin to me (theNeuron) so that I can continue
          > > to work on it? Of course I'll be happy to return it to original
          > > maintainer if he asks for it.

          > Wrong forum. Also, you can't simply take over a script. You'll have
          > to abide by the licensing terms, which seem to be the same as those
          > used by Vim. Create a new project on vim.org and update that instead.

          I'm sorry about it. What would be the correct forum please ?

          None of them seems to be more appropriate to me, but I'll be happy to
          use whichever is recommended.

          Thanks

          --
          Vlad
        • Nikolai Weibull
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
            On 10/31/07, Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek@...> wrote:

            > > > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
            > > > unreachable
            > > >
            > > > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1171
            > > >
            > > > Can you re-assingn the plugin to me (theNeuron) so that I can continue
            > > > to work on it? Of course I'll be happy to return it to original
            > > > maintainer if he asks for it.

            > > Wrong forum. Also, you can't simply take over a script. You'll have
            > > to abide by the licensing terms, which seem to be the same as those
            > > used by Vim. Create a new project on vim.org and update that instead.
            >
            > I'm sorry about it. What would be the correct forum please ?

            Stuff like this can only really be discussed with the script owner.
            We don't have any way of dealing with this. Contact the web
            administrator of vim.org in person when having specific questions
            about vim.org as such.

          • Vladimir Marek
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007

              > > > Wrong forum. Also, you can't simply take over a script. You'll have
              > > > to abide by the licensing terms, which seem to be the same as those
              > > > used by Vim. Create a new project on vim.org and update that instead.
              > >
              > > I'm sorry about it. What would be the correct forum please ?
              >
              > Stuff like this can only really be discussed with the script owner.
              > We don't have any way of dealing with this. Contact the web
              > administrator of vim.org in person when having specific questions
              > about vim.org as such.

              Thank you, I'll try to contact http://vimonline.sourceforge.net . It
              might have been helpful if http://www.vim.org/maillist.php contained
              pointer to the correct lists, but I guess that's feature to be asked at
              vimonline also :)

              Thanks
              --
              Vlad
            • Nikolai Weibull
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007

                > > > I'm sorry about it. What would be the correct forum please ?
                > >
                > > Stuff like this can only really be discussed with the script owner.
                > > We don't have any way of dealing with this. Contact the web
                > > administrator of vim.org in person when having specific questions
                > > about vim.org as such.
                >
                > Thank you, I'll try to contact http://vimonline.sourceforge.net . It
                > might have been helpful if http://www.vim.org/maillist.php contained
                > pointer to the correct lists, but I guess that's feature to be asked at
                > vimonline also :)

                No problem. Good luck!

              • ap
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
                  On Oct 31, 10:23 am, Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Ma...@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
                  > unreachable

                  > Can you re-assingn the plugin to me (theNeuron) so that I can continue
                  > to work on it? Of course I'll be happy to return it to original
                  > maintainer if he asks for it.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  >
                  > --
                  > Vlad
                  >
                  > application_pgp-signature_part
                  > 1KDownload

                  The usual way is to change the plugin, repuplish it
                  and reference on what it is based.

                  I doubt that anyone , able to do so, will start switching
                  ownership of plugins around.

                  -ap

                • Alexei Alexandrov
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
                    Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek <at> Sun.COM> writes:

                    > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
                    > unreachable

                    Is it possible to receive your updated copy of this plug-in? I'm very interested
                    in it. It would be nice if you could publish it!

                  • Vladimir Marek
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
                      Hi,

                      > > I updated detectindent plugin, but the original author seems to be
                      > > unreachable
                      >
                      > Is it possible to receive your updated copy of this plug-in? I'm very interested
                      > in it. It would be nice if you could publish it!

                      Sure. I never got any response from vim-online maintainers. My change
                      adds one fix for tabstop, and adds support for python comments.

                      I'm attaching current revision and diff.

                      --
                      Vlad
                    • Ingo Karkat
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
                        On 15-Dec-07 9:21, Alexei Alexandrov wrote:
                        > Is it possible to receive your updated copy of this plug-in? I'm very
                        > interested in it. It would be nice if you could publish it!

                        You may also have a look at my IndentConsistencyCop plugin
                        (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1690), which also
                        detects the indent settings, and offers to adapt them to the current file. Its
                        main purpose is to check that the indent of the entire file is consistent (i.e.
                        all tabs or all spaces, etc.), though.

                        -- regards, ingo

                        /^-- Ingo Karkat -- /^-- /^-- /^-- /^-- /^-- /^-- http://ingo-karkat.de/ --

                      • Vladimir Marek
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
                          > > Is it possible to receive your updated copy of this plug-in? I'm very
                          > > interested in it. It would be nice if you could publish it!
                          >
                          > You may also have a look at my IndentConsistencyCop plugin
                          > (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1690), which also
                          > detects the indent settings, and offers to adapt them to the current file. Its
                          > main purpose is to check that the indent of the entire file is consistent (i.e.
                          > all tabs or all spaces, etc.), though.

                          That's really nice touch, for some cases it will be nice to have vim
                          screaming at me if I try to save inconsistent file.

                          Thanks

                          --
                          Vlad