Re: gvim problem with &

  • Ben Schmidt
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
      > Console Vim doesn't need a pseudo terminal, he was talking about gvim.

      Indeed. Thanks for clarifying that, Tony.

      > So I think yes, gvim creates a pseudo terminal. If I repeat the command I get
      > /dev/pts/0 again but I suppose once the terminal has been closed its device
      > can be reused.

      Yes; I confirmed that before I wrote, actually. I will get the same ptty used over
      and over if I just repeatedly do :!tty from gvim, but if I open another terminal
      window in between, it takes that ptty and then :!tty will give me a different one.

      Cheers,

      Ben.