Re: Vim 7 performance notes

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 4, 2007
      Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

      > > > Vim 7.1.135
      > > > Script: VST.
      > > > Three profiles before patch, three profiles after patch.
      > > >
      > > > Difference between two best results is 2.2% (comparing with 3.4% from
      > > > Feb). In addition I compared worst with best:
      > > >
      > > > worst pre - best post: 4.7%
      > > > best pre - worst post: 1.2%
      > > >
      > > What do you mean with VST? It would be good to describe this in a way
      > > that I can run the same on my system.
      > >
      > VST - Vim reStructuredText
      >
      > What is it:
      > http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.html
      >
      > http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.zip
      >
      > Tests were done on vst.txt and with :Vst command

      OK, I know about that. I'm not sure if this would give a representative
      performance for regexp use. I would think most people use regexp
      patterns for syntax highlighting.

      --
      Team-building exercises come in many forms but they all trace their roots back
      to the prison system. In your typical team-building exercise the employees