Re: firefox and vim was: Re: Feature request... non-uniform tab stops

  • Richard Hartmann
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6 1:59 PM
      I don't know why, but neither seem to want to work with iceweasel..
      Any ideas why that could be? I tried gvim with and without full path,
      neither worked.

      Richard

    • Ernie Rael
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 8 8:16 PM
        It's All Text! is nice, that's a great tip. Know of anything similar for Thunderbird?

        Thanks,
        -ernie

        Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        Milan Vancura wrote:

        The MozEx Firefox extension lets you edit textareas with an external editor
        (e.g. vim). I'm a fan.

        I've found another FF extension called It's All Text - it allows the same and
        it handles character encoding and cooperates nicely with FF. And it works with
        FF 1.5 and 2.0

        Great for editing wiki pages (for example). I can't imagine my work in wiki
        without that extension.

        Milan Vancura

        Yeah, I use it too. It adds a small blue button labeled "edit" at the bottom
        right of textareas when the mouse is over them. Click that button: plop! gvim
        opens with any text already typed in. Enter :x to close gvim, plop! the edited
        text appears in the browser. Works like magic (as Arthur Weasley would have
        said ;-) ).

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 9 3:23 AM
          Ernie Rael wrote:
          > It's All Text! is nice, that's a great tip. Know of anything similar for
          > Thunderbird?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -ernie

          In Thunderbird, there are no boxes to fill, only messages. What about the
          "External Editor" extension? http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=8

          ARTHUR: Now stand aside worthy adversary.
          BLACK KNIGHT: (Glancing at his shoulder) 'Tis but a scratch.
          ARTHUR: A scratch? Your arm's off.