Re: Patch to fix read out of bound when resizing terminal

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2007
      John Beckett wrote:
      > Christ van Willegen wrote:
      >> The OpenMoko list also suffers from duplicates from GMail's
      >> servers once in a while. It appears that this has to do with
      >> certain time-outs on GMail's servers being lower than usual,
      >> and sometimes mail gets sent twice because an ACK was not
      >> received 'in time'.
      >
      > I think that must be the problem. I just read today's messages using the web
      > interface of my subscribed gmail account. There were no duplicates (that's
      > probably conclusive, but OTOH it's conceivable that gmail is smart enough to
      > hide the duplicates from the web interface, but to make them available for
      > the POP3 download).
      >
      > Then I downloaded the messages I had just read with my mail client, and saw
      > a bunch of duplicates. I did a Wireshark capture but it's not much use
      > because the whole session was TLS encrypted.
      >
      > Anyway, it looks like the duplicates are my problem.
      >
      > John

      Thunderbird with "Remove Duplicate Messages" extension will (at your command,
      not automagically) remove all duplicates, even, in the Sent folder, messages
      you've sent and which come back at you through the list.

      I hardly ever see any duplicates on the Vim lists -- and I get the messages
      from gmail by POP.

      "You can't survive by sucking the juice from a wet mitten."
      -- Charles Schulz, "Things I've Had to Learn Over and
      Over and Over"