patch 7.1.094

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 30 10:37 AM
      Patch 7.1.094
      Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
      current buffer instead of the specified one.
      Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
      Files: src/syntax.c

      *** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
      --- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007
      ***************
      *** 5987,5994 ****
      {
      return (buf->b_syn_patterns.ga_len != 0
      || buf->b_syn_clusters.ga_len != 0
      ! || curbuf->b_keywtab.ht_used > 0
      ! || curbuf->b_keywtab_ic.ht_used > 0);
      }

      #if defined(FEAT_CMDL_COMPL) || defined(PROTO)
      --- 5987,5994 ----
      {
      return (buf->b_syn_patterns.ga_len != 0
      || buf->b_syn_clusters.ga_len != 0
      ! || buf->b_keywtab.ht_used > 0
      ! || buf->b_keywtab_ic.ht_used > 0);
      }

      #if defined(FEAT_CMDL_COMPL) || defined(PROTO)
      *** ../vim-7.1.093/src/version.c Thu Aug 30 13:51:52 2007
      --- src/version.c Thu Aug 30 19:35:52 2007
      ***************
      *** 668,669 ****
      --- 668,671 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 94,
      /**/

      --
      MAN: You don't frighten us, English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottoms,
      son of a silly person. I blow my nose on you, so-called Arthur-king,

    • Edward L. Fox
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 30 10:15 PM
        Hi Bram

        > Patch 7.1.094
        > Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
        > current buffer instead of the specified one.
        > Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
        > Files: src/syntax.c
        >
        > [...]

        When will this patch be uploaded to the ftp? I'm waiting for it.

        Regards,

        Edward

      • Tony Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 30 10:23 PM
          Edward L. Fox wrote:
          > Hi Bram

          >> Patch 7.1.094
          >> Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
          >> current buffer instead of the specified one.
          >> Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
          >> Files: src/syntax.c
          >>
          >> [...]
          >
          > When will this patch be uploaded to the ftp? I'm waiting for it.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Edward

          Do as I did: grab Bram's email, "save as" in EML format, and remove the
          headers. If (like me) you got it in "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding, it's
          usable "as is" for input to the "patch" program.

          ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
          King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!
          [Pause]
          SOLDIER: Get away!

        • Edward L. Fox
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30 10:28 PM
            On 8/31/07, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

            > Edward L. Fox wrote:
            > > Hi Bram
            > >
            > > On 8/31/07, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Patch 7.1.094
            > >> Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
            > >> current buffer instead of the specified one.
            > >> Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
            > >> Files: src/syntax.c
            > >>
            > >> [...]
            > >
            > > When will this patch be uploaded to the ftp? I'm waiting for it.
            > >

            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Edward
            >
            > Do as I did: grab Bram's email, "save as" in EML format, and remove the
            > headers. If (like me) you got it in "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding, it's
            > usable "as is" for input to the "patch" program.

            Yes I know I could grab it from this E-mail. But I'm afraid this may
            confuse my script a bit. So if it won't delay for too long, I'd rather
            wait for a while. :-)

            > Best regards,
            > Tony.
            > --
            > ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot.
            > King of all Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England!
            > [Pause]
            > SOLDIER: Get away!
            > "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY) PICTURES LTD

          • Georg Dahn
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 30 11:42 PM
              > Do as I did: grab Bram's email, "save as" in EML format, and remove the
              > headers. If (like me) you got it in "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding, it's
              > usable "as is" for input to the "patch" program.

              Or fetch it from CVS, as I always do. This is much more comfortable than
              patching.

              Best regards,
              Georg

            • Edward L. Fox
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 31 12:16 AM
                On 8/31/07, Georg Dahn <georg.dahn@...> wrote:

                > > Do as I did: grab Bram's email, "save as" in EML format, and remove the
                > > headers. If (like me) you got it in "8bit" Content-Transfer-Encoding, it's
                > > usable "as is" for input to the "patch" program.
                >
                > Or fetch it from CVS, as I always do. This is much more comfortable than
                > patching.

                No, fetching patches from CVS is just a nightmare because CVS doesn't
                support "changelist" and every file is committed separately. :-)

                > Best regards,
                > Georg

              • Georg Dahn
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 31 1:01 AM
                  > No, fetching patches from CVS is just a nightmare because CVS doesn't
                  > support "changelist" and every file is committed separately. :-)

                  I update the sources from CVS and make a new build. This is no nightmare
                  but just a simple call from a batch file.

                  Best regards,
                  Georg

                • Charles E Campbell Jr
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 31 6:41 AM
                    Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                    >Patch 7.1.094
                    >Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
                    > current buffer instead of the specified one.
                    >Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
                    >Files: src/syntax.c
                    >

                    >*** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
                    >--- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007

                    Hello!

                    I see that patch#94 still isn't present using ftp; however, look
                    carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                    ../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093? Perhaps that has some script
                    confused.

                    Regards,
                    Chip Campbell

                  • Tony Mechelynck
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 31 7:23 AM
                      Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
                      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                      >
                      >> Patch 7.1.094
                      >> Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
                      >> current buffer instead of the specified one.
                      >> Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
                      >> Files: src/syntax.c
                      >>

                      >> *** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
                      >> --- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007
                      >>

                      > Hello!
                      >
                      > I see that patch#94 still isn't present using ftp; however, look
                      > carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                      > ../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093? Perhaps that has some script
                      > confused.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Chip Campbell

                      IIUC, the patch was produced by diffing the 7.1.093 and 7.1.094 versions of
                      syntax.c -- so the header is correct, as applying to Bram's directory
                      structure. With the current directory being the parent of src/ (on my system,
                      ~/.build/vim/vim71/), patch -p0 <patches/7.1.094 (where patches/7.1.094 is the
                      body of Bram's email) works OK.

                      DeVries's Dilemma:
                      If you hit two keys on the typewriter, the one you don't want
                      hits the paper.

                    • James Vega
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 31 7:25 AM
                        On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 09:41:02AM -0400, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

                        > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                        > >*** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
                        > >--- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007
                        >
                        > however, look
                        > carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                        > ../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093?>

                        This is normal style. The file is a diff between the previous patch (in
                        this case 093) and the current working source tree.

                        James
                      • Charles E Campbell Jr
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 31 8:02 AM
                          James Vega wrote:

                          >On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 09:41:02AM -0400, Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
                          >

                          >>Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                          >>

                          >>>*** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
                          >>>--- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007
                          >>>

                          >>however, look
                          >>carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                          >>../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093?>
                          >>

                          >This is normal style. The file is a diff between the previous patch (in
                          >this case 093) and the current working source tree.

                          I noticed that after I did an email grab and did the patch that it is in
                          fact following the usual style. Its still not on ftp though...

                          Regards,
                          Chip Campbell

                        • Tony Mechelynck
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 31 8:17 AM
                            Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
                            > James Vega wrote:

                            >>> however, look
                            >>> carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                            >>> ../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093?>
                            >>>

                            >> This is normal style. The file is a diff between the previous patch (in
                            >> this case 093) and the current working source tree.
                            >>

                            > I noticed that after I did an email grab and did the patch that it is in
                            > fact following the usual style. Its still not on ftp though...
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            > Chip Campbell

                            Must have been a hiccup between Bram's private sources and the FTP server. I
                            suppose the patch will appear when none of us (tinu) will need it anymore).

                            "Sherry [Thomas Sheridan] is dull, naturally dull; but it must have
                            taken him a great deal of pains to become what we now see him. Such an
                            excess of stupidity, sir, is not in Nature."
                            -- Samuel Johnson

                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 31 1:17 PM
                              Charles Campbell wrote:

                              > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                              >
                              > >Patch 7.1.094
                              > >Problem: When checking if syntax highlighting is present, looking in the
                              > > current buffer instead of the specified one.
                              > >Solution: Use "buf" instead of "curbuf".
                              > >Files: src/syntax.c
                              > >

                              > >*** ../vim-7.1.093/src/syntax.c Tue Aug 21 17:29:04 2007
                              > >--- src/syntax.c Wed Aug 29 23:27:52 2007
                              > >

                              > Hello!
                              >
                              > I see that patch#94 still isn't present using ftp; however, look
                              > carefully at the beginning of the patch above: shouldn't that be
                              > ../vim-7.1.094/src/... instead of 093? Perhaps that has some script
                              > confused.

                              I forgot to run the script to sync the patches on the ftp server. Did
                              that now.

                              The "093" in the patch appears because it's a diff with the previous
                              version. The current version doesn't have a version number, because it
                              would confuse "patch". You need to see it fail to find out...

                              --
                              ARTHUR: (as the MAN next to him is squashed by a sheep) Knights! Run away!
                              Midst echoing shouts of "run away" the KNIGHTS retreat to cover with the odd