RE: Make clean does not remove if_perl.c

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2007

      > > Suresh Govindachar wrote:
      > >
      > > > make -f Make_ming.mak clean
      > > >
      > > > does not remove if_perl.c
      > >
      > > You are supposed to use:
      > >
      > > make -f Make_ming.mak -D PERL clean
      > >
      > > You also need to add the choices for GUI or not and debugging or not,
      > > otherwise the object files are not deleted or the wrong ones are
      > > deleted. It's a bit confusing.
      >
      > I think we should support off-directory build. It's really a pain for
      > me.
      >
      > By the way, do we have any plan of switching to CMake?

      I suggest to be very careful with changes like this.
      Make is everywhere by cmake is not. If people have to install
      cmake to be able to compile vim, that's just more troubles.
      Moreover it may not be available on all platforms vim is
      supported. It may be wiser to think of improving builds
      within the current environment.

      ---Zdenek