Bug: Nested, transparent syntax regions

  • hamlen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
      Bug: A nested, transparent syntax region loses its transparency when
      extending its containing region.

      Reproducible: Always

      Steps to Reproduce:
      1. Execute the following three commands:
      :syntax region braces start="{" end="}" contains=parens
      :syntax region parens start="(" end=")" transparent contains=NONE
      :hi def braces guifg=Red
      2. Type the following text: {this(is}not)red}

      Actual result: The characters "not)" are not displayed in red.

      Expected result: All the text should be displayed in red.

      Additional info:
      The bug only seems to occur when the nested region is transparent.
      Nested regions with their own coloration work properly.

      Version:
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.1 (2007 May 12, compiled May 12 2007 14:19:39)
      MS-Windows 32 bit GUI version with OLE support
      Compiled by Bram@KIBAALE
      Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      [...default installation...]

    • Doug Kearns
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
        On 8/1/07, hamlen <hamlen@...> wrote:

        > Bug: A nested, transparent syntax region loses its transparency when
        > extending its containing region.

        This looks like the bug I reported back in February so Bram is aware
        of it. It's listed in todo.txt.

        Regards,
        Doug

      • hamlen
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
          Okay, sorry for the repeat. Where can I see todo.txt?

          Regards,
          Kevin

          On Jul 31, 12:10 pm, "Doug Kearns" <dougkea...@...> wrote:
          > On 8/1/07, hamlen <ham...@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Bug: A nested, transparent syntax region loses its transparency when
          > > extending its containing region.
          >
          > This looks like the bug I reported back in February so Bram is aware
          > of it. It's listed in todo.txt.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Doug

        • Doug Kearns
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
            On 8/1/07, hamlen <hamlen@...> wrote:

            > Okay, sorry for the repeat.

            No problem. You couldn't have been sure from the TODO description
            anyway I suspect. :)

            > Where can I see todo.txt?

            :help TODO or :help known-bugs

            Regards,
            Doug

          • Tony Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2007
              Doug Kearns wrote:
              > On 8/1/07, hamlen <hamlen@...> wrote:
              >> Okay, sorry for the repeat.
              >
              > No problem. You couldn't have been sure from the TODO description
              > anyway I suspect. :)
              >
              >> Where can I see todo.txt?
              >
              > :help TODO or :help known-bugs
              >
              > Regards,
              > Doug

              ...or even ":help todo.txt" to get to the very top of the file.

              Only adults have difficulty with childproof caps.