Re: patch 7.1.036

  • Elimar Riesebieter
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 27, 2007
      On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 the mental interface of
      Bram Moolenaar told:

      > Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
      >
      > > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 the mental interface of
      > > Bram Moolenaar told:
      > >
      > > [...]
      > > > I test with about 30 different configurations, and they all work fine.
      > > > I suspect you build with some specific features enabled or disabled.
      > > > You'll have to tell use exactly how you build to be able to understand
      > > > what is going on.
      > >
      > > The Debian "Tiny Version":
      > >
      > > CFLAGS="-O2 -Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-pointer-sign -g -Wall \
      > > -DFEAT_AUTOCMD -DFEAT_BYTEOFF -DFEAT_CMDL_COMPL -DFEAT_CMDHIST \
      > > -DFEAT_CMDL_INFO -DFEAT_COMMENTS -DFEAT_DIFF -DFEAT_DIGRAPHS \
      > > -DFEAT_EVAL -DFEAT_EX_EXTRA -DFEAT_SEARCH_EXTRA -DFEAT_SEARCHPATH \
      > > -DFEAT_FOLDING -DFEAT_INS_EXPAND -DFEAT_LISTCMDS -DFEAT_QUICKFIX \
      > > -DFEAT_SCROLLBIND -DFEAT_SMARTINDENT -DFEAT_TEXTOBJ -DFEAT_USR_CMDS \
      > > -DFEAT_VERTSPLIT -DFEAT_VIMINFO -DFEAT_VISUALEXTRA" \
      > > ./configure \
      > > --prefix=/usr --mandir='${prefix}'/share/man \
      > > --with-compiledby="riesebie@..." \
      > > --with-features=small --disable-syntax --disable-gui --disable-xsmp \
      > > --disable-xsmp-interact --disable-netbeans --disable-acl \
      > > --disable-gpm --enable-nls --enable-multibyte --enable-multilang
      > >
      > > Do you need more info`s?
      >
      > No, this is sufficient to see that the problem is that someone tries to
      > mess with the way Vim selects features. This is not a supported way to
      > compile Vim, you'll have to fix the command until it works. And repeat
      > changing it every time src/feature.h changes, it will probably break
      > again.
      >
      > Anyway, you should not pass feature arguments when running configure.
      > Configure is supposed to find out what features will work and disable
      > the ones that don't work.

      Ok, removing the FEAT flags builds fine. Anyway, the Debian tiny
      version is a sensible term. For me, I don't need the tiny features
      but has been grown up by wishes of Debian users.

      The build without debian/tiny/features.txt runs fine, but don't want
      to figure out which of thet FEAT is responsible for the fail build.

      Thank you Bram for that Editor ;)

      Elimar

      --
      We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
      -- Linus Torvalds