Re: Strange coloring for GTK build

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2007
      Larson, David wrote:
      > Here is a better picture showing the problem for gtk2. This is what the
      > color test shows.
      >
      > Notice that setting the color as the foreground does not always match
      > the color when it is set as the background. Especially for the red and
      > blues. Any ideas on how to fix this?

      Many text consoles, including the Windows console, have only 8 background
      colors as opposed to 16 foreground colors. In that case, trying to set a
      "bright" color as the background will fail. For instance, trying to set a red
      background will give "dark red" which is usually a kind of dark reddish brown,
      more /lie-de-vin/ than true dark red.

      To see all the terminal names in your system's terminfo library in
      alphabetical order, use

      toe|sort|less

      at the shell prompt. You may try setting 'term' and/or $TERM to one of them
      (with caution) to see if the result is better.

      As I was going up Punch Card Hill,
      Feeling worse and worser,
      There I met a C.R.T.
      And it drop't me a cursor.