Re: Another test

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
      Zdenek Sekera wrote:
      > I am sorry for bothering the list, but I have problems
      > posting, if this ever appears on the list would some kind
      > soul let me know in case I don't see my postings
      > as it has been the case till now? Previously I got
      > emails from Charles Campbell and Ted Pavlic, thanks
      > to both, indeed, I didn't see my posting).

      Bingo!

      > As another data point, I have played with subscription
      > and discovered that if I try to subscribe by email
      > and have anything in the Subject: field (I used to
      > put the 'subscribe' there), I never get the conformation
      > message). (I left the message field always completely
      > empty).
      >
      > If subscribing with 'Subject:' field empty I do get the confirmation
      > message but if I 'reply' it will not subscribe me. If however
      > I click on the confirmation URL inside the message, the web
      > page will tell me 'you are subscribed', finally!
      >
      > So since I am now subscribed, I am trying to post this to see
      > if I can see it.
      >
      > Cheers, all,
      >
      > ---Zdenek

      Accidents cause History.

      If Sigismund Unbuckle had taken a walk in 1426 and met Wat Tyler, the
      Peasant's Revolt would never have happened and the motor car would not
      have been invented until 2026, which would have meant that all the oil
      could have been used for lamps, thus saving the electric light bulb and
      the whale, and nobody would have caught Moby Dick or Billy Budd.
      -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair Anarchist's Almanac"

    • Ted Pavlic
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2007
        This has been addressed in the announcement of the lists on
        vim-experiment and a few other places. It's been causing confusion.

        Additionally, people are going to be e-mailing to different list
        aliases. Some use the @... addresses. Some use underscores... Some
        use hyphens. It MAY be a good idea to have vim.org play with the "To"
        and "Cc" addresses so that there is some consistency...

        On the other hand...

        > By the way, has anyone noticed that you sedn an post to
        > 'vim-dev@...' but the group is actually called 'vim_dev' ?
        > (note the underscore instead of a hyphen.

        My procmail filter:

        ######### Move Vim-dev List Messages Automagically
        :0:
        * vim[-_]dev@(vim.org|googlegroups.com)
        "$VIMDEVEL"

        > And when you sign up for 'vim' the actual group is 'vim_use'
        > (with the underscore as well). That may force people to change their
        > filters if they use them (I do).

        My procmail filter:

        ######### Move Vim List Messages Automagically
        :0:
        * (vim|vim[-_]use)@(vim.org|googlegroups.com)
        "$VIMUSERS"

        I think that's the safest thing to do...

        --Ted

        --
        Ted Pavlic <ted@...>