Re: VimWiki - released finally

  • Robert Cussons
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
      > On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@...> wrote:
      >> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
      >>
      >> Hi all
      >>
      >> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
      >>
      >> http://vim.wikia.com
      >>
      >> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
      >> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
      >>
      >> Thanks to all the support from vim@... and especially to the very
      >> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
      >> Greetings!).
      >>
      >> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
      >> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
      >> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
      >>
      >> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
      >> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
      >> helps!
      >>
      >> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

      Very good work Sebastian, it looks great to me.

      I have already come across a new tip on vim wikia that I hadn't known
      anything about which I thought I might draw programmer's attention to
      (sorry if you already know about it). Tip #1267, which is a tip to
      enable a programmer to see (by a simple key combination of his/her
      choice), in which function they are. Very useful if you have just landed
      in the middle of a long function during a search for example, you know
      longer have to move around inside the buffer to find which function you
      are in, just type your chosen key combination: see
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Show_current_function_name_(for_C_programmers)
      if you are interested.

      Thanks very much to the original author of the tip and to everyone who
      has contributed to setting up the vim wikia.
      Rob.