RE: VimWiki - released finally

  • Larson, David
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2007
      > Sebastian,
      >
      > Why not utilize the "talk:" pages for the comments (see
      > discussion tab at top of each wiki page)?
      >
      > Just curious.
      >
      > -Robert

      Lets avoid using the vim-announce mailing list for a discussing of vim
      wiki and stick to vim-dev.

      David
    • Robert Cussons
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
        > On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@...> wrote:
        >> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
        >>
        >> Hi all
        >>
        >> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
        >>
        >> http://vim.wikia.com
        >>
        >> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
        >> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
        >>
        >> Thanks to all the support from vim@... and especially to the very
        >> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
        >> Greetings!).
        >>
        >> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
        >> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
        >> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
        >>
        >> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
        >> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
        >> helps!
        >>
        >> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

        Very good work Sebastian, it looks great to me.

        I have already come across a new tip on vim wikia that I hadn't known
        anything about which I thought I might draw programmer's attention to
        (sorry if you already know about it). Tip #1267, which is a tip to
        enable a programmer to see (by a simple key combination of his/her
        choice), in which function they are. Very useful if you have just landed
        in the middle of a long function during a search for example, you know
        longer have to move around inside the buffer to find which function you
        are in, just type your chosen key combination: see
        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Show_current_function_name_(for_C_programmers)
        if you are interested.

        Thanks very much to the original author of the tip and to everyone who
        has contributed to setting up the vim wikia.
        Rob.