RE: VimWiki - released finally

  • Larson, David
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2007
      > > Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
      > >
      > > http://vim.wikia.com
      > >
      > > and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not
      > > everything is perfect, but I think it is usable now.

      The links to scripts on the tips pages don't show up correctly, they
      look like this:

      [/scripts/script.php?script_id=31 vimscript #31]

      Take a look at this example:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip384
    • Robert Lee
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2007
        Sebastian,

        Why not utilize the "talk:" pages for the comments (see discussion tab
        at top of each wiki page)?

        Just curious.

        -Robert

        Sebastian Menge wrote:
        > [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
        >
        > Hi all
        >
        > Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
        >
        > http://vim.wikia.com
        >
        > and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
        > is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
        >
        > Thanks to all the support from vim@... and especially to the very
        > kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
        > Greetings!).
        >
        > Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
        > Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
        > now, but to make it excellent we need You!
        >
        > If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
        > have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
        > helps!
        >
        > See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

      • Larson, David
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2007
          > Sebastian,
          >
          > Why not utilize the "talk:" pages for the comments (see
          > discussion tab at top of each wiki page)?
          >
          > Just curious.
          >
          > -Robert

          Lets avoid using the vim-announce mailing list for a discussing of vim
          wiki and stick to vim-dev.

          David
        • Robert Cussons
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 6, 2007
            > On 6/5/07, Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@...> wrote:
            >> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
            >>
            >> Hi all
            >>
            >> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
            >>
            >> http://vim.wikia.com
            >>
            >> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
            >> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
            >>
            >> Thanks to all the support from vim@... and especially to the very
            >> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
            >> Greetings!).
            >>
            >> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
            >> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
            >> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
            >>
            >> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
            >> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
            >> helps!
            >>
            >> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

            Very good work Sebastian, it looks great to me.

            I have already come across a new tip on vim wikia that I hadn't known
            anything about which I thought I might draw programmer's attention to
            (sorry if you already know about it). Tip #1267, which is a tip to
            enable a programmer to see (by a simple key combination of his/her
            choice), in which function they are. Very useful if you have just landed
            in the middle of a long function during a search for example, you know
            longer have to move around inside the buffer to find which function you
            are in, just type your chosen key combination: see
            http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Show_current_function_name_(for_C_programmers)
            if you are interested.

            Thanks very much to the original author of the tip and to everyone who
            has contributed to setting up the vim wikia.
            Rob.