Regex performance - SoC

  • James Longstreet
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Hello,

      I'm wondering if any of the Summer of Code winners are tackling the
      regex performance thing suggested here: http://www.vim.org/soc/ideas.php

      If anyone chose that project, I'll of course defer to them. But if
      no one's working on it, I might give it a shot, I think it'd be fun.

      Thanks,
      James Longstreet
    • Asiri Rathnayake
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 18:16 -0500, James Longstreet wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm wondering if any of the Summer of Code winners are tackling the
        > regex performance thing suggested here: http://www.vim.org/soc/ideas.php

        Bram said two students are working on this, but you are welcome to help
        them (i think). Nikolai too would help anyone with this.

        > If anyone chose that project, I'll of course defer to them. But if
        > no one's working on it, I might give it a shot, I think it'd be fun.

        > Thanks,
        > James Longstreet

        - Asiri
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2007
          James -

          > I'm wondering if any of the Summer of Code winners are tackling the
          > regex performance thing suggested here: http://www.vim.org/soc/ideas.php
          >
          > If anyone chose that project, I'll of course defer to them. But if
          > no one's working on it, I might give it a shot, I think it'd be fun.

          Yes, two students were selected to work on this. Russ Cox volunteered
          to mentor them.

          - Bram

          --
          Bumper sticker: Honk if you love peace and quiet.