***SPAM*** Re: VIM doesn't need new features?!?!

  • 范德成
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
      Peter Michaux wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I like VIM. I want to use VIM as my everyday editor. I even spent a
      > frustrating week trying to determine if VIM could replace Textmate as
      > my main editor. VIM is very good for working with a single file but
      > the concept of a project is not really there. I looked at plugins,
      > talked with people in #vim about plugins and how to extend VIM. I
      > figured it would probably take a year of spare time for me to learn
      > how and then write the plugin to do what Textmate can do with respect
      > to projects right when it is installed: a project drawer, project
      > tabs, multiple open projects, project-wide search and selective
      > replace. And now I see that VIM doesn't need more features...
      >
      > http://www.vim.org/soc/ideas.php
      >
      > Darn.
      >
      > Peter

      I use vim 6.4, which doesn't have the Tabs feature in vim 7.0, but am
      still happy with it. To be honest, I do use Visual Studio to browse my
      working project, but I also use rosh (written by my self, see
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/winrosh/ ), together with Windows' Task
      Manager, to work with many files in the project. To switch directories
      back and forth and to launch instances of gvim, I use rosh. To do
      editing of several files (not too many, normally 4) at the same time, I
      use gvim. To switch between gvim instances, I use Task Manager. To
      browse the whole project, I use Visual Studio. They work together well.