Re: vim patch for cygwin

  • Luca Masini
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 18, 2007
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Hmm, I'm not getting the feeling this has been properly tested. I'll
      > await comments for a while.

      I did't run any regression test.

      The only problem on cygwin is the "E303: Unable to open swap file..."
      message.

      Looking at vim under the ddd/gdb debugger I found that it
      was trying to compose the name of the .swp file concatenating
      a posix path with a windows one (that was the result of the
      symlink exansion not recognized as an absolute path) so

      I patched with cygwin_conv_to_posix_path() and recompiled.

      I'm using this version now (just changed the position of the patch
      as you suggested) and it works here.

      > In src/main.c I found this, perhaps it's also needed in os_unix.c:
      >
      > #ifdef __CYGWIN__
      > # ifndef WIN32
      > # include <sys/cygwin.h> /* for cygwin_conv_to_posix_path() */
      > # endif
      > # include <limits.h>
      > #endif

      It is not strictly needed because gcc compiled without having this snippet.
      Maybe having __CYGWIN__ defined cause the inclusion of sys/cygwin.h
      in other place.

      But from wath I see that can be useful if you compile from cygwin
      to windows native and you want to avoid the inclusion of
      cygwin_conv_to_posix_path() when WIN32 is defined.

      Maybe the better solution is to avoid mixing different
      kind of path instead of patching a symlink that was expanded
      as a windows path when it should had be expanded as a posix path.

      (my current solution).
      ;-)

      Luca.