Multi-byte in the special key

  • Volodia Vichniakov
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 12, 2007
      Hi!
      It's my first mail to this list.

      I'm using vim on Win32 this Russian keyboard. There are some bugs with mapping of russians special keys. I've made some patches to fix these bugs.

      Let start step by step.
      1. Special key may contain multi-byte character (ex. unicode) after modifier. For example, if I press a key Alt-k with russian input (Alt-л) then vim's got key K_SPECIAL K_SPECIAL 0x08 0xd0 0xbb, where 0xd0 0xbb is the unicode character CYRILLIC_SMALL_LETTER_EL.
      2. In functions find_special_key (misc2.c) and str2special (message.c) vim supposes that there is only _1_ byte after modifiers.

      I can offer the corrected code for these functions.

      (There are 2 other patches to fix this problem in the console Win32 application)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2007
        Volodia Vichniakov wrote:

        > It's my first mail to this list.
        >
        > I'm using vim on Win32 this Russian keyboard. There are some bugs with
        > mapping of russians special keys. I've made some patches to fix these
        > bugs.
        >
        > Let start step by step.
        > 1. Special key may contain multi-byte character (ex. unicode) after
        > modifier. For example, if I press a key Alt-k with russian input
        > (Alt-Ì) then vim's got key K_SPECIAL K_SPECIAL 0x08 0xd0 0xbb, where
        > 0xd0 0xbb is the unicode character CYRILLIC_SMALL_LETTER_EL.
        > 2. In functions find_special_key (misc2.c) and str2special (message.c)
        > vim supposes that there is only _1_ byte after modifiers.
        >
        > I can offer the corrected code for these functions.
        >
        > (There are 2 other patches to fix this problem in the console Win32
        > application)

        It will help us a lot if you provide a reproducable example. I don't
        have a Russian keyboard, thus hopefully this won't be required.

        You can send patches directly to me. If they are small you can also
        send them to the vim-dev list, so that others can make comments.

        --
        The acknowledged parents of reengineering are Michael Hammer and James Champy.
        When I say they're the "parents" I don't mean they had sex - and I apologize

      • Vladimir Vichniakov
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2007
          The reply was sent to Bram Moolenaar.