Re: improving encryption in vim

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 21, 2007
      Nicolas Weber wrote:

      > > To clarify, based on my understanding: if software is exported
      > > from the
      > > U.S., which vim arguably is, and it is capable of powerful encryption
      >
      > isn't vim exported from the Netherlands?

      Right, the main ftp server is in the Netherlands. All the rest are
      (cached) copies. I'm not a lawyer, but I would say that this means that
      the code isn't exported from the USA. It was already outside.

      I'm not sure about the CVS server at SourceForge.

      Generally I don't really care about these stupid US rules. The actual
      result is not that access to strong encryption by non-US contries
      decreases but that the development is done outside of the US, with the
      effect that knowledge outside of the US grows.

      --
      TIM: Too late.
      ARTHUR: What?