Re: copyindent/preserveindent question

  • Alexei Alexandrov
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2007
      Hi Gary Johnson, you wrote:

      > From ":help preserveindent":
      >
      > Normally the indent is replaced by a series of tabs followed by
      > spaces as required (unless |'expandtab'| is enabled, in which
      > case only spaces are used).

      I believe this sentence is about how VIM operates when preserveindent/copyindent is NOT set. You should also have quoted the next one:

      Enabling this option means the indent will preserve as many existing characters as possible for indenting, and only add additional tabs or spaces as required.

      --
      Alexei Alexandrov