Re: Bug report: mapping fails wit h a few characters (i.e.: « :im ap ’ foo » fails)

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      [...]
      > How can you tell if the mapping works or not?
      >
      > You can see what a key actually produces with CTRL-V <key> . So when
      > you type
      > :imap CTRL-V <key> foo
      >
      > Where CTRL-V is one key and <key> is the mapped key.
      > Does the mapping still not work?

      When I type

      :map! “ -

      where the {lhs}, U+201C (double high 6 quote) is produced on my keyboard by
      AltGr-v

      then,

      :map!

      list the mapping with “ (the character in question) in the {lhs}, but hitting
      AltGr-v in Insert mode inserts “ (the {lhs}) not - (the {rhs}).

      Using Ctrl-V before the key when defining the mapping makes no change: hitting
      the key still doesn't invoke the mapping, but ":map! “" (again, with or
      without Ctrl-V) lists it.

      The grand leap of the whale up the Fall of Niagara is esteemed, by all
      who have seen it, as one of the finest spectacles in nature.
      -- Benjamin Franklin.