Bug in non-gui vim 7.0-178: Command line expansion for emenu doesn't work for menu entries containing a period.

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
      Hi,

      In the following, command line expansion works in gvim but not in vim:

      set nocompatible
      set wildmenu
      amenu test.etc\..1 :echo 1<cr>

      emenu test.{press tab}

      This presents no possible completion in vim, but correctly shows the
      submenu in gvim.

      Regards,
      Thomas.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
        Thomas wrote:

        > In the following, command line expansion works in gvim but not in vim:
        >
        > set nocompatible
        > set wildmenu
        > amenu test.etc\..1 :echo 1<cr>
        >
        > emenu test.{press tab}
        >
        > This presents no possible completion in vim, but correctly shows the
        > submenu in gvim.

        It works fine for me. Could there be something else that matters?

        13. Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

      • Thomas Link
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2007
          >> set nocompatible
          >> set wildmenu
          >> amenu test.etc\..1 :echo 1<cr>
          >>
          >> emenu test.{press tab}
          >>
          >> This presents no possible completion in vim, but correctly shows the
          >> submenu in gvim.
          >>

          > It works fine for me. Could there be something else that matters?

          I tried this with the terminal version on linux & windows (compiled with
          GUI=no) and it didn't work when invoking vim as vim -u NONE. It
          works when running gvim (@ winxp) though.

          I first noticed this problem already some time ago when I first tried
          the :emenu command because I happen to have some custom functions listed
          in a tml.Vim\ etc\. submenu.

          I can still execute the menu entry when I know the name, but command
          line completion doesn't work -- which is somewhat bad because I put
          stuff into the menu I use so seldomn that there isn't use in remembering it.

          Anyway, I now renamed the menu.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2007
            Thomas Link wrote:

            > >> set nocompatible
            > >> set wildmenu
            > >> amenu test.etc\..1 :echo 1<cr>
            > >>
            > >> emenu test.{press tab}
            > >>
            > >> This presents no possible completion in vim, but correctly shows the
            > >> submenu in gvim.
            > >>

            > > It works fine for me. Could there be something else that matters?
            >
            > I tried this with the terminal version on linux & windows (compiled with
            > GUI=no) and it didn't work when invoking vim as vim -u NONE. It
            > works when running gvim (@ winxp) though.
            >
            > I first noticed this problem already some time ago when I first tried
            > the :emenu command because I happen to have some custom functions listed
            > in a tml.Vim\ etc\. submenu.
            >
            > I can still execute the menu entry when I know the name, but command
            > line completion doesn't work -- which is somewhat bad because I put
            > stuff into the menu I use so seldomn that there isn't use in remembering it.

            I tried again, but can't reproduce it. I run "vim -u NONE", source the
            three lines and type ":emenu test.<Tab>". Result is
            ":emenu test.etc\..". Another <Tab> adds the "1".

            15. Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their
            party because you're not in the mood.