Re: GNOME HIG compliance in gvim: button order in close confirmation dialogs (PATCH)

  • Nikolai Weibull
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2007
      On 1/8/07, Trenton Schulz <twschulz@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 8, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Martin Stubenschrott wrote:

      > > Would you also vote for changing the console style dialogs? I mean,
      > > console users are normally used to press y or n, when answering these
      > > kind of questions.
      >
      > Well, don't you do that by typing :wq/:wq! or ZZ or whatever? Most of
      > the other "dialogs" on the console version don't ask yes/no questions
      > as far as I have encountered. I think it is a non-issue for the
      > console version...

      % vim
      :set confirm
      iHello, Vim!<Esc>
      :q
      Save changes to "Untitled"?
      [Y]es, (N)o, (C)ancel:

      Sure, [S]ave, (D)iscard, (C)ancel would work - and is better, as it
      better describes what would happen - but I'd venture so far as to say
      that 'Y', 'N' are so deeply engrained in peoples minds by now that it
      would be very irritating to have to hit 'S' or 'D' instead. I know I
      would be annoyed. Still, perhaps it makes sense to change these as
      well. And one could allow the user to type 'Y' or 'N' with the old
      behavior as well.

      nikolai