Re: [Feature Request] Vim should respond to WM_PASTE

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2007
      Nikolai Weibull wrote:

      > It seems GVim doesn't respond to the WM_PASTE message on Windows. It
      > would be really sweet if it did. I sadly have no intention of
      > implementing this myself, but would appreciate it if this could be
      > added to the TODO.

      Who would send a WM_PASTE message to Vim?

      --
      An alien life briefly visits earth. Just before departing it leaves a
      message in the dust on the back of a white van. The world is shocked

    • Nikolai Weibull
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2007

        > Nikolai Weibull wrote:
        >
        > > It seems GVim doesn't respond to the WM_PASTE message on Windows. It
        > > would be really sweet if it did. I sadly have no intention of
        > > implementing this myself, but would appreciate it if this could be
        > > added to the TODO.
        >
        > Who would send a WM_PASTE message to Vim?

        I would. I have a Autohotkey script that emulates Vim's digraph
        support so that I can type ^K'6 to get a LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK.
        Sadly, the best way to send Unicode characters to Windows applications
        through a Autohotkey script is through the use of the clipboard (might
        not work otherwise). Thus, the character is stored in the clipboard
        and then a PostMessage of WM_PASTE is sent to the active application.
        However, if the application doesn't respond to WM_PASTE, this won't
        work.

        (I'll gladly post the script if anyone wants it, by they way.)

        nikolai