Re: Bug in 7.0.178? redir => var makes vim crash (sometimes)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2007
      Thomas wrote:

      > The following code makes vim crash sometimes.
      >
      > fun! MakeVimCrash()
      > redir => lets
      > silent let
      > redir END
      > endf
      > call MakeVimCrash()
      >
      > It doesn't crash always. Sometimes I have to call the function twice.
      >
      > I now ran a few more tests. It appears that vim is more likely to crash
      > when loading more plugins. When I remove plugins, I can call the
      > function more often. I'm not able to pin it down this problem to one
      > specific plugin though.

      I cannot reproduce it. Please have it crash in a debugger so that we
      can see where it happens.

      Can you make it crash with "vim -u NONE"? If not then perhaps some of
      your settings or startup scripts matter. Perhaps there is a variable
      with a special value that causes a problem for ":let". E.g., a list or
      dictionary with a recursive reference. Try ":unlet" (if you can
      reproduce the crash).

      --
      Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill
      and a laxative on the same night.